View Single Post
05-26-10, 09:24 PM   #27
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Considering the recent concessions that Facebook had to make at the behest of both the Canadian and US governments recently, I'm pretty sure that Blizzard will take a lesson or two from FB and give users the option as what information is to be made available.

Don't want people to know your real name? Simple, turn that off.

You're forgetting that Blizzard, unlike some other software developers, actually listen to their consumer base if the same thing is requested enough. Don't believe me? Look at the Death Knight class, we've been nerfed to hell since Wrath launch.

Also, if you're that concerned about your privacy on B.net, Simply don't add anyone to your friends list, become a hermit and don't take advantage of what would be a helpful boon to what is already a thriving online community of players.

Me personally, I hope that blizz will eventually allow us to add people from other realms that we meet using the LFG system and even allow us to queue up for randoms together simply because we know the other person is made of awesome-sauce. There are some players that I had the pleasure of running with on dozens of occasions from lv15-70 while leveling my druid, and I'd love the ability to run heroics with them in Wrath.

Last edited by aceman67 : 05-26-10 at 09:30 PM.