View Single Post
09-08-12, 12:23 PM   #357
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Malan View Post
There is a new version of Carbonite available now....too bad it doesn't work. No donations from me until it does. The fan update works perfectly though. Maybe they should hire Rythal, lol.
If I may ask, where, exactly, did you get this "new version of Carbonite" from?

The ONLY official Carbonite downloads are on "carboniteaddon.com", "wowinterface.com", and "curse.com", and if you choose to download from "carboniteaddon.com", it does an automatic redirect to the Carbonite download/information page on "wowinterface.com".

ALL of those sites list Carbonite 4.301, released on May 6, 2012, as the latest version of Carbonite available.

Fortunately for us (the people that use Carbonite), though, Rythal (a Carbonite user) has been giving his time and energy to do a "fan update" of Carbonite until (or maybe "if") the Carbonite devs can get an "official" update out. Thanks, Rythal, you are helping make WoW more enjoyable (read: easier (at least for me)) to play.

So, TL;DR: If you installed Carbonite from any of the listed sites, you didn't get an update- just the Carbonite you already had installed. The only update is in a thread on the Carbonite forums and it's by a fan named Rythal.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!