View Single Post
01-21-14, 06:39 AM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Tim View Post
You people are ridiculous. Rythal had to work multiple jobs last month and may still be doing so to fund his trip to Blizzcon and then had some ignorant person cause him financial issues which hopefully he reported them for fraud. Remember, he was a beloved user of the addon that kindly took it over and has been working hard to further develop and turn it into something better. Kreelor for example the last few posts have been nothing but doubting Rythal and endless claims that an addon is dead. Creating addons is not a job so people demanding things to be done need to take a step back. The addon is still in it's beta stages meaning there's going to be bugs and you accept this by using it.
First of all, nobody is demanding anything. I only asked for some common courtesy from him. Frankly, I'm tired of people apologizing for him and speaking for him, as though they have the right to do so. I've read about his trip and the PayPal situation. People keep bringing those things up repeatedly to apologize (for him) for his lack of communication. He said he was bored with the game, but he loved working on the addon. Many of the existing problems with the Beta/Alpha version are addon-related issues, not requiring extensive game play, raids, etc. My post was plain and clear; why doesn't he let us know what the hell is going on? It's not a demand. It doesn't mean that I don't understand and empathize with his personal life issues. I'm wondering only about the current and future outlook for this addon and why he doesn't speak for himself. Simple. After all, he chose to take on the project, and he's done an excellent job (up to the point where he stopped with updates and communication with all of us). If he's done with the addon, then let us know. If he's working on it (silently), then let us know. If he plans to continue updating the addon for the upcoming new release, then let us know. Once again, that's a simple, common-courtesy thing to do, since we all love, use, and have nearly become dependent upon this wonderful addon. This addon has been in the Alpha stage of the Beta stage for quite some time, and has stopped progressing. Tim, I have NOT made "endless claims that this addon is dead!" You are wrong to accuse me of that.
I'm just wondering what is going on and what his plans are, or if this addon is now dead!
He's the only one who can answer that, if he chooses to. It should take no more than a couple of minutes to do so.

Last edited by Kreelor : 01-21-14 at 06:41 AM. Reason: typo