View Single Post
01-21-14, 06:14 PM   #10
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
BTW, I've noticed that there are many 'addon authors' who post here, yet I haven't seen any volunteers providing help. The addon has been open-source for over a year, so why should everybody expect Rythal to do it all, especially if he isn't able to for various reasons? If I was skilled enough to make the changes, I would.
I actually privately mailed Rythal asking about some information of how to best interact with the map. Basically I wanted to revamp the way the quests module works to make use of Grail instead of relying on its own data. This would be an optional addon of course. I imagine I could make it so there is no delay while doing quests so peoples' experiences would be better, and because it would use Grail it would be more up-to-date that anything else out there. However, I have not heard a reply so I decided to work on other things at the moment. I am not a Carbonite user so I have no pressing interest to get it done. Without help I need to put my time into other things instead of having to research how Carbonite does things (even though I can read the code I have downloaded). Note that my interest of course only lies in the quest module, so I am not about to correcting issues in other parts of the addon, even if I were told what they are. You will find that a lot of addon authors work on things that interest them so you need to let people know what the problems are so perhaps someone might find something on the list interesting.