Thread: Update: 16 May
View Single Post
05-16-09, 08:53 PM   #8
jundo
A Murloc Raider
Smile

I'm new to the community, but still want to put in my 2 cents. I'm absolutely dieing for a unerversal updater. I recently read the article about the {NASTY WORD} updater that was pillaging everyones addon databases, and while it was the most "universal" updater available at the time I quit using it when I found out what it was really doing. Now I either have to update manually (in the case of most of the addons I draw on from this site) or with multiple updaters for the various other sites I download from.

The idea of a truly usefull, safe, accepted, universal updater that the addon sites all accept is the most wonderful thing I can think of. Yes I want it more than any addon I've ever used, but I want it to be fully capable. Just the idea that it is being worked on brings me peace of mind. I'm a patient person and feel that it's better to wait for quality than to take something now just cause it'll do the main thing I want, when it might have bugs that make it not fully functional.

It's ok if you don't make it out on the 17th, I know that when you let it out it will be wonderful.