View Single Post
12-31-10, 10:41 AM   #7
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I noticed this myself, too. But I think just moving those UIs, that aren't minimalistic, into graphical won't be a solution at all. Because you could argue the other way around that they aren't graphical either.

For example, RothUI is definitely a graphical compilation and most, if not all, the nice stuff Elloria does.

A generic unitframe setup with some kgpanel borders and mostly generic addon, configurations, but no artwork, should go into a third category. Which is what the Generic Compilations category is for, IMO.

The issue here might be that people have to choose the category on their own, when uploading stuff. People might not be able to pick the right one, for whatever reason, might it be misjudgement or simply missing/skipping one.

There is no longer a description for categories, also. At least I couldn't find one, but iirc there was a short line on the old layout.

Not sure if the staff member that approves the upload can change the category - if he even cares in such a minor case - before approving it, or if he can just disapprove the upload. Either way, I can really see why there are so many compilations in the wrong category.

From a website design point of view, it would be nice to have some more visible information about the compilation, once you are browsing through the list of compilations in a category.

Maybe allow authors to choose from a list (check boxes) what the compilation is designed for and what it contains. Like Heal, DPS, Tank, Melee, Ranged ... Rogue, Druid, ... but also things like ... contains artwork ... PvP, PvE ... whatever. And then show this information on the category's list of UIs. For example through symbols or as tags below the compilation's name.

This could also make some categories obsolete and still show more information at a glance.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."