View Single Post
12-31-10, 11:44 AM   #10
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While I completely agree what is being said here that a large percentage of compilations in this category are anything but minimalistic, I foresee an issue however. There would have to be a defined set of rules for the Moderators that do approvals in determining what is and is not minimalistic.

That is where the the rub is. Much like anything else the definition is somewhat open to interpretation.

For example it was mentioned that placement of elements for functionality over aesthetics for some people is a factor. The question is who determines where something is functional or not? Minimap centered on the bottom or top or a corner? Unit frames near the center or bottom? Action bars? Which would be "correct"? Functional to one person is not necessarily functional to another.

Not that this is the overall deciding factor. Just an example of preference and hard to set in stone.

I think to help this along it would be beneficial to offer some guidelines. Boil it down to a few easy to follow rules that would help the approval process. If nothing else it will be a fun discussion.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor