View Single Post
07-20-05, 12:10 PM   #15
Remelio

Not to take this thread off topic, but I agree with the pet thing... the solution to having people only chose one pet or another would be to make more critters out there hidden in the world that have interesting special abilities... or have the pets grow into these abilities - like have a level 5 wolf that gets a special claw ability when it hits 20 that upgrades itself all the way to 60... of course thats a lot of programming But almost worth it. Pretty much I guess they want you to not be "forced" into using a pet because of its abilities, and instead give you the abilities to put on your pet of choice. There are arguments for both cases though... on one hand you are giving a bonus to the people who already have a favorite pet and don't want to change, and on the other hand you don't have the "I wonder if this guy does anything special" when you tame a new critter or a named one.

Okay, back to the thread.

I played EQ from P4 beta on to GoD... I started getting disenchanted (yes, I was an enchanter.. yes this is a pun) with EQ sometime mid PoP but stuck with it anyway because of friends... moved servers to play with a RL friend of mine... finally got completely lost after I started WoW beta... I just really can't see myself going back to EQ after playing WoW... I even had my account available for a month when the servers merged so that I could move back to Tarew Ma.. er Drinal (yuck.. no offense to anyone from Drinal, but we had our name first ) and during that month I just couldn't bring myself to play. I'm not playing WoW that much nowadays, but thats mostly my own fault because I'm a lil bored with my mage (60) and the rest of my alts all have friends that I play them with that don't log on when I'm playing.
EQ and WoW are both great games, and both have their strong and weak points. No game is perfect and thankfully so, otherwise nobody would get anything done

Speaking of that... *gets back to work*