View Single Post
07-07-10, 04:41 PM   #89
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by speak View Post
the official forum thread is almost 29k posts now, 1400+ pages. by the time i finish reading the posts on the last page, three more pages of responses spawned rofl.

i've already enabled parental controls to disable RealID in game.

next step is to change my billing from credit card to strictly game time cards, and to change my contact information to fake name & address. will also be setting up a new email address to use in the contact information.

I wonder if anyone at blizzard will think it weird that my updated information will be like this:

First name: cSdgmtabwpQFsDXj
Last name: meaSijTtZGWVPhsL
Address: 9477294693057 S. eiGmxbNkSTYPHrzo Street.

rofl.
I may be following suit. I've already changed my email to a newly created gmail account. I don't mind the RealID in game; I've only added my closest friends (as advised) and don't plan to add anyone else. Unfortunately, it's true that changing my name would be a bad thing in the event of a hacker.

As far as CC vs. time card, think I may go to the latter. Last thing I want to run the risk of is some security flaw that exposes ALL account info (it's happened in other games before) because someone screwed up one line of code.