View Single Post
07-07-10, 06:51 PM   #93
Verissi
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I too am concerned about the change and won't be posting on the official forums once it goes into effect. I'm not so worried personally about identity theft or the usual "what if someone wanted to stalk me" type of thing, though. To me, it's more that I don't enjoy being put in a position where I have to disclose my real identity before I can contribute positively towards something I do purely for enjoyment. Professionally, I have few qualms about posting in public places with my name attached, but this isn't my professional life: it's something I do for relaxation and fun. It's just not serious enough of a venue for me to open myself up for any potential issues that could arise on either a personal or professional level, nor does attaching my real name add any "weight" to anything in this context. It's simply unneeded information, in my opinion.

I understand some of the motivations behind the change, but there are other ways to solve those issues without resorting to something like this. I guess I'll just save my (often infrequent) posting to places where I can still contribute or voice my concerns (like here ), but that don't put me in a position that I'm uncomfortable with and have reservations about.