View Single Post
07-08-10, 12:23 PM   #99
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Ive seen it said more times than I can count by the forum techs that the forums are there only as a courtesy, and if you want guaranteed support, you have to call or email them. Bluespacecow now volunteers over there, and I can say with certainty that he too has seen those words written over there.
Sorry about this. I know this whole TS issue is off topic I just wanted to clear the air over the use of my toon name (which I btw do not own )

For the record I have not seen those exact words from a rep. "Tech support in the forums is only a courtesy if you want someone to definately solve your issue please call xxxxx ". They may of told someone to ring billing for a specifically billing issue but no TS reps specifically fobing people off to the phones. This would be because sometimes phone support is the only department that can help them with an issue. Billing in particular can only be contacted by phone or email.

Similar to how if you ring your local council they would refer you to the water and sewage dept if ringing the rates team on a enquiry about leaking sewage. It's not that they don't want to help or won't help. It's just that sometimes another department is better equipped and better trained to handle that query and for some their chief point of contact is by phone.

But then again. I usually frequent the Mac TS forums there. If an issue is too complicated to do over the forums they would advise them to email them personally. They would never tell them to go to phone support there. And sometimes the only reason why it's moved to email is then the rep can step the player through an issue step by agonizing step (ie first point your mouse here , drag this here , type this into this field here etc etc etc)

This may be the case here - they felt the player would be better served moving to phone based tech support. But I have never seen them catergorically state "Our tech support on these forums is a courtesy if you want guaranteed support please call or email".

Technically all tech support Blizzard provides is a courtesy. Our contracts off Blizzard are for the "massively multiplayer online fantasy gaming world" service. No where in either the TOS or EULA do they guarantee any of their Tech support , game or even if the realm servers will stay up. We don't even own our toons.

KK Enough off topic TS stuff
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 07-08-10 at 03:34 PM.