View Single Post
07-05-17, 06:07 PM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have the same issue, and the only solution that works longer than a few months is to build my own UI. The first thing I always get is a viewport addon, usually Sunn, although there are others.

I enable the top and bottom bars in the viewport. The top bar is where I put my Broker display, which I use ChocolateBar, but whatever works for you. On the bottom, I put my minimap which is dead centre of the bottom. Your eyes are more naturally drawn to the bottom rather than the top right.

Around the minimap I put my action bars, left and right in pairs. Above those, still in the viewport, I put my player and pet frames to the left and target with focus to the right of the minimap above the action bars.

My chat frame is right where it is at default, although I use Prat so I can customize the fonts used in the chat windows. On the far right of the bottom viewport I put my damage and healing meters.

That fills the viewport. I then replace the quest list with an addon that allows me font control, in this case Sorha Quest Log, and I leave it more or less in the default position. However, since my minimap is not at the top right, I move the buff and debuff frames right into the top right corner, and snug the quest list below those.

On the top left below the top viewport, I have my tank frames, and below those my raid frames. My party frames I have laid out horizontally and they are above the bottom viewport. To the left of the party frames are my boss frames. Arena and battleground frames share the same space as the raid frames, because usually you don't activate them all simultaneously.

I use Quartz as my cast bars and move those as close to the related frames as possible. I have resized both the unit frames and the cast bars so they are a bit smaller in scale.

The final touch is standardizing one font across all my addons. Currently I am using ADF which comes with Skada, but sometimes I get fancy.

When it is all done, it looks clean, out of the way, and gives me the most worldview space possible.

To see it, view the thread here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55015