View Single Post
02-07-07, 01:45 PM   #20
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DAB had something called control boxes. They were basically little buttons you can use to run scripts to do things like choose which page to use in your bars. I used them in previous layouts to do the Offensive/Healing, Fire/Frost, etc type buttons.

The bad news is that Bongos doesn't have any such buttons. The good news is that most layouts still have those extra pages of skills so you can swap between those modes. You just have to do it in a different way.

To do it in this version of the UI, you'll need to use the normal WoW mechanisms to switch pages. By default, you can use shift-mousewheel, shift-uparrow or shift-downarrow to change pages. You can also make binding to go to a specific page. I think all of these bindings are in the Action Bar section of key bindings.

A couple notes.
  • Hunters can no longer automatically switch between ranged and melee pages based on distance to the target. As a result, I added a binding to let them do it faster, namely the "F" key.
  • I think I took out the extra pages on the priest layout. There was a bug before that I thought was caused by it, but I think I was wrong. I'll probably re-add it when I do the button review to add BC spells.
  • Most of this information is available in either the release notes or the FAQ. But the release notes for this version are extremely long, so I suppose I shouldn't expect a super-close reading of it.