View Single Post
12-13-08, 07:30 AM   #28
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by WaldoJeffers View Post
Just reinstalled and the issue is still here
Suppose I must bite the bullet and get a new card eh?

Along side the wierd "dimensions" of colour I have in the pic in post one, I have this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXbpjCX81Vc though not as severe
That's not good

The last thing I can recommend is posting about your issue over on the tech forums, and include the screenie of the artifacting. Be as specific as possible, and include all of the steps you've taken to troubleshoot (updating drivers, checking for heat issues while the game is running [tell them what the temps are], blowing out dustbunnies etcetera etcetera). Include the following info in your post so they can assist you more effectively:

Go to Start -> Run -> type dxdiag and press Enter. (Windows Vista: Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time). Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click 'OK', this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.)

They'll need the following info:
System tab
Operating system:
Processor:
Memory:
DirectX Version:

Display tab
Device Name:
Driver Version:
Driver Date:
Driver DDI Version:
DirectDraw Acceleration:
Direct3D Acceleration:
AGP Texture Acceleration:

The forum techs work Monday - Friday from 8am to 8pm PST except major holidays, so the forum isn't moderated in between those times.

Another thing you can ask the techs about is testing the game in -opengl mode and weather or not you should try it (they'll help you do this). This mode uses a different method to display graphics which tests the Direct3D on the system. It also puts the game in an unsupported state as WoW does require Direct3D... they will only ask you to do this for testing purposes, so the game should never be consistently run in that mode (opengl is not officially supported by WoW).

Last edited by Petrah : 12-13-08 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Frogot to add link to tech forums