View Single Post
12-10-07, 02:22 PM   #14
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I will give the OP some credit for a change
(well at least about his point, not the way to say things)

Any discrepancy between the original addons websites and official releases on major UI sites will generate confusion. In that particular case more often than not we see answers like "wowace is beta anyway, you should not complain if you have a problem", which is perfectly okay, but then where are the official releases? Here? Not when some files are outdated and not compatible with the rest of the latest addons. I update directly against the original websites (being WowAce, Auctioneer, Atlas, GFW and so on), and sometimes it is only 2 or 3 weeks after the release there that it appears here (that is when it pops up in my favorites and I cannot remember whether I already updated it or not ). Most of the time it will never be a problem, but things like this do happen.

I am not saying this is bad or anything, just that I can understand people get confused. Sometimes I do wonder why authors release addons to different websites saying "I will never check this site again, please go to this other site". Why posting here in the first place then? For a better visibility I guess. Again do not get me wrong, I am not implying any "author responsibilities" or whatever you call it, this is obviously a matter of personal opinions and not to be discussed. Just saying the OP has a point somehow. Like others said in this thread you will have to dig around to find your ways I guess.

Last edited by Kaomie : 12-10-07 at 02:44 PM.