View Single Post
09-10-10, 02:06 AM   #3463
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Pixel fonts look awesome on screenshots. Thats the same fake as clean-shots. They do nothing you should show a blank paper aswell. If your UI works in raid+combat or group+combat you are set.
Again, it comes down to the specific font, and the usage. A general "pixel fonts do nothing" is as useful as "all non-pixel fonts are great". It's clearly not true in either case.

What works and doesn't work in a setting (which, of course, is not *always* going to be raid+combat or group+combat, as there are quite a number of "solo" players) comes down to the users preferences and needs, not abstract statements. Cohesion with the aesthetic of the UI *and* with the users needs is what is needed.

I would argue that a pixelated UI, with pixel fonts, that is consisely organized and appropriately uses strong points of focus (middle of the screen, or even thirds organization, depending on application) and emphasis on color and form is easier to understand in a snap situation than a dimly colored UI of a less cohesive organization, with the most readable font you can find. Of course, this is different for everyone.

Originally Posted by SacUI View Post
Leitka?

..i think i speak for the rest of us, when i say:

Are you gonna share that awesome UI, or what!?!
Eventually. Part of why I swapped back over to LitePanels, I'm trying to minimize the memory usage back down to what the previous version had, still have some other work to do towards that.
Then again, with it being so near to Cata at this point, it may just be better off to wait until all of the chaos is over :P

Last edited by Leitka : 09-10-10 at 02:09 AM.