View Single Post
02-25-15, 06:22 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
You are getting the download but the download page it self never finishes loading? Does it look like anything is missing? Does your browser say wait its waiting to download? What browser are you using?

Using chrome, firefox and safari I personally havent encountered this issue. So I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.

The reason for the download page is so we can better collect download stats for a feature we are working on for addon authors. Part of that is we will be showing much more robust download statistics and starting something else I really can't talk much about yet. We still have a lot of work to do but that is the main reason for the download landing page.

In response to your Minion comment... Minion should work on Linux, I haven't tried it my self yet (need to setup a linux VM that has a UI) its just requires java8 and if you have that installed on your linux flavor it "should" run. You can download a java only version here: http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.1.3pl1-beta.zip just extract and run the Minion-jfx.jar
Code:
java -jar Minion-jfx.jar

Edit: Just tried it on Elementray OS (had that installed on my VM, its a Ubuntu fork made to look like OSX). I had to install JRE8 from Oracle but it works just fine for me. I didn't have wow installed in the VM but I was able to add the game addon directory manually by pressing the "add game" button. If I get some free time soon I'll setup a Ubuntu dev environment and create a .deb package, then Java wouldn't be required to be installed as it will be included inside the JVM inside the deb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 6.40.43 PM.png
Views:	134
Size:	665.2 KB
ID:	8532  

Last edited by Dolby : 02-25-15 at 07:08 PM.