Thread: noob needs help
View Single Post
05-27-10, 04:18 PM   #4
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
actually, thats not what i'm looking for but it will come in handy once i start to put custom textures into openRDX .

but for the moment, i'm still trying to figure out how everything works with the textures supplied with the mediapack.

for example i'm using the Jugger UI? texture for the bottom part, and i'm using a viewport just as high as the top bit for the actionbars. However, since the art itself isn't in one line, i got a big see through bit on the left and on the right side wich i want to hide by using 3 frames, with a solid black color.

Code:
wanted to draw a simple picture, but alas, bbcode doesn't show it the way i typed it ^^
the empy spots above the viewport i need to work away, so that the viewport and the artwork get more or less streamlined, and my most logical way imho to do it is to create 3 panels wich are solid black.

Now i got an artframe, wich actually is solid black according to the settings i can see, but i can't seem to get it to show on my screen. I tried using the same steps supplied in the "openrdx for dummies" manual wich is based on creating a unitframe, but it didn't really help.

I think if i know how to tackle this part, i'm good to go ^^, but adding my own custom textures, thats not really my point of interest I could as well take the complete easy way out and thats by opening up the tga files, making the opaque parts black and reload the ui, but thats not a challenge, and neither a learning experience

Last edited by contramundi : 05-27-10 at 04:23 PM.