View Single Post
04-05-16, 09:41 PM   #25
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Folji View Post
After playing around a bit with the unit frames, I'm thinking of replacing them with just the portrait circles. Try and do some decor around it that matches up with the class, or the role, somehow. Would people say the level is a relevant thing to have on the portrait? I've always felt like it is, but I also think that's a mindset of mine hanging back from vanilla days when there actually were times where you could suddenly wind up with a party member whose level actually could be a bit out of place. So I could just ditch levels on the portraits, have spec indicators, or dungeon role marks.

And then the health could just be a red overlay over the portrait, filling up, probably making the glass look cracked when the character is dead. It'd make for some compact portraits that would be readable for healing, right? I'm interested in hearing what things people consider their top interest in being aware of about a party member, whether it's their class, dungeon role, current HP, dispellable debuffs, and what information you just gloss over because it's irrelevant!

EDIT: Ohh, this is exclusively for the party frames obviously! Just realised I made it sound like I was talking about ALL the unit frames. Want actual healthbars on the center-screen unit frames. But for the party frames, compact health bars just doesn't feel like it works. It's not readable enough alongside the large-ish portraits. But at the same time I want to make the portraits to be a core part of the party frames, it identifies by character rather than class, so it feels more personal. So layering the healthbar over the portraits seems like a good shout.

I'm with you on the level being displayed on portrait type of layouts. You could just make a small circle for the level to be displayed within and give it a toggle for those that don't want it?

An idea with the circle only frame would be possibly to add a split ring around it with 1 side the health and other the power. Not a perfect example but here's something from zork: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oUF_Donut.html
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List