View Single Post
04-15-16, 11:06 PM   #33
Couches
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
UI Feedback! PS: It's gorgeous.

Hey Folji,

Your UI is absolutely stunning. It's by far the most elegant and intuitive UI texture overhaul that I've seen. I'm already itching to use it once it's complete. Huge amount of respect for the work you're putting in!

That said, I've got a couple nit-picky things to suggest - take it or leave it:

- I prefer the first texture used for the primary bar (the one floating below the unit frames)
- The Target of Target frame: since it's so small, maybe use a modified version of the unit plate frame texture that doesn't have any 'frills' or little jagged details - just go for a flat line on top (did that make sense....?)
- Food for thought: what if the golden contour ring for the unit frame portraits were colored by class/reaction? I think it'd be worth trying out if possible.
- Allow the primary floating action bar (and it's texture) to be adjusted between 6-12 buttons. I'd love to use your action bar with the integrated class power above it, but on most classes I only need 6-8 abilities/CDs directly below my character. If I can't adjust, I'd probably resort to weakauras, but I'd much rather not to. Your layout is prettier
- For classes with only one resource type, it might be worth making a texture for it where you would usually put combo points/chi/holy power etc. I'm thinking ahead towards legion where a lot of classes/specs are getting their secondary resource removed, and their primary resource will have much greater importance. EX: shaman/maelstrom, demon hunter/fury. It'd be nice to have those resources in a central position.
- Have an option to toggle the portrait gloss
- Include an option to change the general font
- Castbar: I wouldn't have it cover the resource bar for a couple reasons. 1) "ABC": Always Be Casting. If a caster follows that rule it will be difficult to see their resource levels. 2) it's kinda tiny. I'd say put it below the primary floating action bar.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Like I said, you have a great thing going here. Keep up the awesome, creative work. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything i mentioned - I'm on a cocktail of post-op painkillers so my head's a bit foggy. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all comes together!

Cheers, bud.