Thread: Quest tracking
View Single Post
05-08-09, 05:06 PM   #17
Trixie1971
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb Tracking Issue

I haven't read all of the noted forum posts regarding this topic, but I thought I'd throw in here that I JUST downloaded nUI and am in the process of getting it set up the way I want (I used to have over 350 subfolders in my Addons directory :P ), and this issue is causing problems for several addons - it seems to be related to any addons that control the minimap (or at least that's what it seems to me). It may even be something the Blizzard needs to tweak still, but the only time I've been able to get tracking (either Quest OR Achievement) to work correctly 100% of the time is with NO addons enabled.

I personally used Quest Guru for my quest tracking, so I've never really used the Blizzard Quest Tracker. It wasn't until I decided to try to track one of the Childrens Week Achievements (prior to downloading/installing nUI) that I ran into this stupid Tracking issue. I used to be a PC tech, so I'm used to QC testing and troubleshooting computer issues, and my OCD compels me to continue to try to figure out why there are so many problems when a minimap handler addon is introduced.

If only I could get paid for all this testing I'm doing... LOL

Anyway, my point to this post is to say that this is not an nUI-specific issue - this is game-wide issue that seems to affect any addon that "handles" the minimap function.

Last edited by Trixie1971 : 05-08-09 at 05:13 PM.