View Single Post
10-05-10, 08:06 AM   #1
diablo0813
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
World Map like 'Where's Waldo' & Mage Nuggets??

I will make this as short as I can so I don't get the TLDNR crowd all spun up...but I have a couple of "requests".

1). Since Blizzard took out the little glow-spot of your current location on the world map, how hard would it be to create a mod to do this? Or better yet, is there already a mod out there that I just haven't managed to find in my few days of looking. I even got so discouraged I decided to try and teach myself LUA, XML, and the WoW API's to just do it myself....turns out I ain't nerly asmart asi thaught. The closest I got was finding that I needed to run a current map load prior to firing the get player coordinates. All of this means nothing to me since I have no idea what to do with those coordinates once I get them. Any guidance would be great!

2). Mage Nuggets. It is an incredible mod for mages with multiple little "nuggets" of goodness. The part I want to talk about is...the Spell Steal Monitor. If my target has a stealable buff, a little window with the name of the buff pops up letting me know I can steal it. Currently I am playing a Shaman and was wondering if something like this exists for the Purge spell. Again, after trying to find a mod that does it, I spent way too much of my life (which I will never get back) , trying to learn how to make it myself. Hell, I even had a name all earmarked for it...Shaman Strips. So here's to me hoping that in the next couple days a mod called: "Shaman Strips" with a "purgable" window shows up on here,

Well, thank if you made it this far, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!, if you make these mods (and let me know about it ) or can point me in the direction of ones that do these functions. My one caveat is that I don't want a mod that does 8 bazillion other things. I just want something that does these one things.

Thanks in advance folks!