View Single Post
04-08-06, 04:23 AM   #10
haldejung
A Kobold Labourer
Tutorial not working

I also got the crash at startup. The steps above helped to resolve that issue.

To get the feeling for the designer i tried to run the tutorial with both this release and the stable release. (with WoW 1.10)

The designer crashes at step 7 with the following exception as soon as i press OK in the "Select Skin" dialog (BTW: there is no "Basic" or "Default" entry avail in the selection, just en empty dropdown control (it was in the stable release though)).
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at wowuides.TextInputForm.ShowDialog(String Prompt, String Caption, String& Data, String[] Selection, Boolean AllowSelectionOnly)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface.InitialiseControl(IToolboxService toolbox)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface..ctor(IToolboxService toolbox, FileInfo file)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface.Open(FileInfo fi)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at wowuides.FileHandlers.CallMethod(Type handlerType, String methodName, Object[] arguments)
at wowuides.MainForm.OpenFile(FileInfo fi, Int32 line, Int32 column, Type designer)
at wowuides.MainForm.DoOpenFile(Object sender, FileOpenEvent e)
at wowuides.ProjectContent.OnOpenFile(FileOpenEvent e)
at wowuides.ProjectContent.Control_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at wowuides.Controls.TreeViewEx.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
In the stable version the programm did only not crash when i selected "Basic".