View Single Post
10-06-16, 05:08 PM   #14
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Svegan View Post
Age should never be the reason or excuse to never learn new things. I am 54, working 16 hour days building and servicing computers. I own my own business, and when work is slow I take that as a chance to add LUA to my skill set. I am by no means an expert, yet, but I did not bemoan my age as a reason not to move forward. God is the only one who knows our end, and we waste what we have been given, by not trying to better ourselves in all areas. I work out at 05:30 4 days a week, take time to reflect on what is ahead of me for that day, and see what I can grow into by building on past experiences. The brain is a muscle, and exercising it with mental activity has been clinically shown to protect from onset of all types of neurological disorders. I am also excited to be involved in a project like this, and hope my contributions count toward a greater goal, of giving back to a game that has given me income, and time with my family. My wife and son also play, and my daughter is thinking about joining us in game also. She is a miracle, as a high functioning autistic adult. To meet her, you would not think she has any sort of disability, because she never gives up or refuses to learn new things. No excuses for her. This post is longer than I intended, and I hope it clears up any questions about this addon and the direction it is going.
Well, you still seem to have an inflated ego of self-importance still intact. Give it another 17 years until your health becomes more of an issue than you suspect now.

You wrote:
"The brain is a muscle, and exercising it with mental activity has been clinically shown to protect from onset of all types of neurological disorders."
I'm sure you, nor none of the rest of you, realize that's one of the main reasons my playing WoW is important to me. I have chosen this game because it requires me to utilize my brain, constant decisions, and so many other mental processes. It even helps strengthen the dexterity in my painful, arthritic hands and wrists. I am basically home-bound and bedridden due to a few illnesses (which I won't mention here). However, when certain addons become baffling and unworkable, the frustration involved in getting simple, decent support is discouraging and fatiguing. I've had 4 family members die with complications caused by Alzheimer's Disease. I'm doing my best to keep my brain active as long as I can. This game, when it's working, helps me (hopefully). Criticism, ridicule, and name-calling does not help. Yet, that's what most people on this forum do instead of fixing code (which they claim they are expert at!). So... you're busy. Aren't we all? Well, I guess you ALL have been too busy for a few years since that's the last time an official RELEASE of Carbonite "Master" has been available. And, I'm not talking about somebody merely changing one line of code once-per-year to make it have the "appearance of a newer version" in the TOC. That's only a gimmick and doesn't fix all the things which have remained broken for YEARS!

I don't now nor have I ever expected "miracle" instantaneous fixes to LUA code. My complaints have always been about the lack of pertinent, frequent, and honest communication. None of you seem willing to understand that nor accept that as truth. That's your problem!