View Single Post
09-25-09, 08:29 PM   #17
Cowmonster
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Akryn View Post
Your character is always in exactly the center of the screen. If you get used to that it's pretty easy to intuit where you are even if you can't see yourself.

In any case, whether that's easy for you or the OP or not, it's impossible to do what's being asked (for good reason, it's your job to point your character the right way, not the UI's), so there's not really anything for it except to practice. Pointing your camera directly downward can help a lot if there's a situation where it's especially hard to figure out where you are (or you need to know with a large amount of precision).
Yes, it is your job to play your character, not Blizzard's. I never said what he was asking was possible, or even should be. I am merely pointing out that in a large group when you are tanking and you can not see your toon then it is difficult to properly orient yourself and mouselook doesn't make it any easier. I use mouselook when I play and nameplates when I tank so I can see the hp/threat for each target around me, but telling orientation and position relative to the mobs in a large group can even be difficult for me at times and my tank is a druid (a bear you could hide a family of gnomes under). If it can be difficult for a larger toon in a crowd imagine how a pocket tank feels. All the suggestions here are great to try to get your bearings back and mouselook is the better way to move your toon and keep your ability/spell casting most efficient, but it isn't a definitive solution to the OP's problem.

Author of:
Equipped Average Item Level :: ExtraBar :: Killing Blow Emote :: RecordTip