View Single Post
10-14-10, 05:00 PM   #103
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by shadowdragonjpi View Post
One problem, the 4.0 patch has been advertised now for the last three weeks. Everyone knew it was coming, except for this place I guess. I have donated in the past, but will wait to see if we get an update soon before I donate again.
Originally Posted by staestc View Post
Want to chime in with Shadowdragon. I am one of the folks that bought Carbonite before that practice was stopped. And have donated since then. I had a lot of addons crash with this patch, as they always do, but 90% of them have been corrected.

Needing donations I understand, and I do donate to extent I can. But the developer not paying attention to what is happening to your program and to the game it serves, not to mention to the people that have been donating money, is not very easily excused.

Honestly, if you are not paying enough attention to WoW to know that Cataclysm is hitting the streets on December 7, and that there was going to be a 4.0.1 patch to set the stages for that, how can you in good conscience keep asking for donations?

Personally I am a little pissed at having bought the program and donated money, and not even being able to figure out if anybody is working on it, and then seeing a post that said, oh sorry, we did not know, we did not care about anything other than that the donations were still coming in!
Originally Posted by aessedai View Post
Hey Flamefangahs : Whaaaa! I have a family and a job too. That isn't an excuse for holding a hand out for donations for a product that is not made available. No one is disputing that Carbonite wasn't the best at what it did. The key word now though is "was." Until it is working again your excuses about the authors being two people with families isn't going to get me to click the donate button that is still alive and functional.

WoW 4.0.1 has been in beta for quite a while. There has been plenty of time for the authors to tag team on this project and test it, just like the authors of other addons who also have families, but still got their addons out there on patch day without any excuses or claims of being blind sided by a patch that even my dog knew was coming.

So now we hear from one of the authors that he may have a beta out today, if that can be believed, then how is it possible to get a beta out in one day, but family life has kept two people from making any progress for the last 6 months?

Stop making excuses. Fact : Carbonite doesn't work now.

Time to find something else. If Carbonite does get updated, then great, because it "was" the best addon of its class and worthy of donations if it is supported.

The question now is whether or not the authors consider it worthwhile to support. Either they will support it and not make any excuses in which case they can expect donations, which in turn will make family life even better, especially come Christmas time, or they won't support it, won't get donations, and will spend all of their quality time sitting around the fireplace with the family saying to themselves, "hmmmmm, sitting with the family sure is nice. Group hug guys. I wonder how things are going in Azeroth these days?"
I really feel like doing something violent involving reaching through my monitor right now...
But instead I will just say, "The Three Stooges have returned, ladies and gentlemen. And they are Trolls! Let's give them a big hand! They'll be here all week! Two shows on Sunday!"

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn