View Single Post
07-02-05, 08:48 AM   #33
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
As I understand it, this will negatively impact a number of autobuff/autocast addons. It's another issue, but personally, I wager the autocast mods that key off movement will find another trigger that works. They always do. That leaves us with the core of the change, as it was described in the quote above: automated movement.
I, for one, never like UI doing things for me. It trivialized the game. It removed the skill from the player and put them onto the computer.

Need a heal? No problem! Just pop-in an add-on and it'll automatically tell me which heal will be most efficient for you. Move to another computer and you're screwed cause you've never learned, yourself, how to do it properly.

I'm very happy to see these bot UI add-ons leaving. The game is ment to make you learn your character as well as the game. When you got UIs doing everything for you, you've failed half of your learning course.

As for the comment earlier about how a movement UI removed the tandim of constant runs; I've personally never had problems with it. I just pop-on autorun, and switch between two systems while my character is running. Or I'll look over their Inventory, questlist, etc and build a "plan of action". Just imagine the game w/out gryphons.

The game is ment to make it feel "large" and that it does (EQ tried this but massively failed when they added 200%+ speed buffs). You spoke of Dustwollow Marsh, which means you hadn't gotten your mount yet. That's part of the game and one should imbrase it, not trivalize it. When you turn 40 you can get youself a mount, kind of like a "reward" for making it that far.

Last edited by guice : 07-02-05 at 08:50 AM.