Thread: /sigh
View Single Post
09-09-05, 11:10 AM   #50
Brugs
WoW-DB Staff
Originally Posted by noraj
playin a little more with it it seems really good...
IS there anyway to leave out the site selection part and if you select "ui mods" it would search
Curse/ wowi/Worldofwar/wowguru ..etc

If you select "item" it would have a second dropdown for slot and search thott alakhazam etc automatically

if you select forums it would search official wow / and the forums on all of the other sites (leaving out the rest of the WWW)

etc...like if i just wanted to search curse(although your ssearch seems alot better than their search) I could just go to curse but if i just wanted a specific adon i could just use your search without knowing what site its on

But yeh it seems really good

[edit] damn your search blows Bliz's stoopid forum search out of the water
Well if you leave it at "General WoW Search" , (all) , (all) it will just search general wow sites. It should search for UI Mods on all sites, try use "word1 + word2" it will force to have both words after each other.

There is lots of possibilities, you can even input multiple words in the search string.

Input this following line in the search field.
site:yourwebsite.com searchWord1 searchWord2 or "searchWord1 + searchWord2"

The fact is that the "dropdown" boxes is not independent by each other, you can leave some and select some, like if you select "forum" and "general wow search" and "items" it will go for *.site forum + items.

I will also make a guide how to use the search, so you can find more optimized information.

Infact there is endless possibilities with this and I think it can get quite interesting.

Just keep playing with it.

Edit: I will increase the amount of search results and show multiple pages.

Brugs

Last edited by Brugs : 09-09-05 at 11:34 AM.