View Single Post
07-10-15, 06:12 AM   #4
rowaasr13
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by alikim View Post
I can make a secure button that casts a spell during combat, so why can't I make a secure button that throws a grenade during combat? I'm not reprogramming it, I just show or hide it.
Anyway, then how do I make my own version of the ExtraActionBar functionality?
No, you're reprogramming it - you're altering its state by and how mouse would interract with it by hiding. Just imagine having buttons for ALL your spells stacked in one position spell and you dynamically hide all of them except one with best combat spell for current situation and here you'd have your mini-combat bot based on clicking the same spot on screen. You cannot alter SECURE frame from insecure code in combat, period. That's the point of entire system.

I can't remember from top of my head, but you might have some success with doing that from inside secure environment itself where you don't have functions that'd let you check combat status - i.e. your button can have secure script to always hide itself right after click.

You can have secure button to throw item in combat - it's pretty much same as spell button, but you won't be able to react to environment changes - e.g. leaving zone that gave you extra action - while in combat. The most you can do is to note relevant changes from events, save them somewhere and do actual modification after PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED is fired.

You can't duplicate EAB functionality completely because it can change action or appear/disappear in middle in combat. This can only be done from secure Blizzard's code.

Last edited by rowaasr13 : 07-10-15 at 06:17 AM.