View Single Post
07-17-10, 08:26 AM   #9
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
I guess I have - or at least used to have, back in the day - a greater tolerance for idiots than some.
It's not that. 15 or so years ago non nerds seemed way more understanding about computers then the nowadays non nerds who even had computer classes at school, but still don't know the difference between logging of and rebooting.

Just a generic example of 2 different people I had on the phone today to fix a simple issue. (Ask them to log off, they reboot, while the problem they have is caused by login in to fast after a reboot... )

The fact that people are still unable to read simple instructions, then get angry if they get the answer "please refer to the online instructions", they expect me to chew their food for them so to say.. (And these people get educated for this.. wasted money apparently, better to get mindless drones..)

Anyway, working on an IT department we used to block a lot, these days we only block streaming. The managers of the other departments keep an eye out if people are working and not browsing all day. Productivity seems to have gone up all round, people seem more content in going to work.