View Single Post
09-13-10, 03:06 AM   #18
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Iriel View Post
... you can't do it with any functions that the secure part of WoW uses because such a thing would cause massive taint
A specific example, why is UnitAura causing massive taint and makes it impossible to cancel player buffs if tainted in Cataclysm? I guess I just don't see how one could abuse this API by modifying how it's runned...

Also just modifying how buff timers are shown also taints it so bad that you can't cancel buffs, perhaps this is a bug that will be resolved later on? Just curious if not like what other ways could we use to modify the numbers below buffs or what buffs consolidate and not.

*Edit*

Iriel: when I use the implemented LevelUpDisplay frame to show a fake message, if I set LevelUpDisplay.level to anything less than 10 (example 0) it will crash the game when the animation tries to play back. Example for a macro that you can use to crash on purpose:
Code:
/run LevelUpDisplay.level=0 LevelUpDisplay.type="character"LevelUpDisplay:Show()
I did submit the crash reports so I hope the core devs have some fun with it. :3

Last edited by Vlad : 09-13-10 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Added a bug for Iriel :)