Thread: 1920x1080
View Single Post
09-30-09, 07:50 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Scaling as far as I am aware is done based on resolution to make the buttons square. I too noticed that contrary to my thoughts the larger the screen size you use the larger area nUI took up.

My UK set up uses a 17in monitor on 1280x1024 and to me its a perfect proportion with nUI. My US set up uses a 22in monitor with a larger resolution that I can't remember and may well be widescreen to boot and to me it seemed like nUI filled half the screen.

Maybe its the way the scaling is working but I had always thought the larger the screen the larger the free space as the interface shouldn't need to be enlarged to fit.

EG. Using some example screen sets

800x600 - UI space 800x200 ( 3rd of the height )
1024x768 - UI Space 1024 x 256 ( 3rd of the height )
1280x1024 - UI Space 1280 x 342 ( 3rd of the height )

And to make the UI so it doesn't stretch out due to increased width ? Make the chat window and info panel screens longer. And if possible have them flexible so that people that like to have more chat can do so and those that want the bigger info panels can also do so and have the main center part of the interface a fixed size based on the smallest resolution people will be playing on. Most people will be on 1024x768 and you could get away with that as a minimal setting or at worst downgrade to 800x600 as the minimal setting.

Just an idea mind you but theoretically it will give people want they want more real estate for game play but the use of a great UI they really want to use but their screen set up is too big for it.

As to the action bar buttons on the bottom left and right. Perhaps add extra buttons to fill the spot ( if its possible to do that with the new action button setup I believe you were planning ).

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818