View Single Post
10-11-08, 09:16 AM   #55
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Meldas View Post
3. Is it possible to 'steal' bandwidth? And if somebody looses bandwidth, who is responsible?
Absolutely. If you take something that is not yours then that is stealing. Think of bandwidth like electricity and lets say I'm your neighbor. Let me come into your home one night while you are out, plug in all of my electronics into your outlets and not tell you. You get a huge electric bill and dunno why it's so high. "Why should I give a rats ass about the money you pay for electricity?" ...... Essentially, that is what your saying to WoWI and Ace/Curse while you support and use WoWMatrix. You simply do not care, and every word you've said here only makes that fact more clear.

Bandwidth is extremely expensive when you go over your quota. It can run into thousands of dollars if you are not watching where your bandwidth is going, not to mention that neither WoWI or Ace/Curse is running on a simple hosting account. I would venture to say that they may very well lease an entire server(s) just to keep up with the traffic. Servers are not cheap by any means especially if you have to pay extra for bandwidth overages. Bandwidth is not free.