View Single Post
05-11-17, 01:06 AM   #2
arith
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MoveEverything is not using the "NoTaint_UIDropDownMenu" published on WowInterface or CurseForge. This may not be very accurate, but based on one of the comment Resike posted, I would guess he got one of of the early version and then maintained his own revision within MoveEverything. That probably is because the original "author" (who created the project) did not keep updating it.

"NoTaint_UIDropDownMenu" is meant to provide a replacement for all UIDropDown related functions, or says it is to provide an alternative, kind of a clone version with different function name. So it was not packaged or created with a common lib we saw likes to use LibStub to call NewLibrary function.

To use NoTaint_UIDropDownMenu, 1st thing is to include it in ToC or one of your library XML with the following order:
  • UIDropDownMenuTemplates.xml
  • UIDropDownMenu.lua

Then, the usage would be exactly the same like the way you use the Blizzard's UIDropDownMenu.

A few examples:
local info = Lib_UIDropDownMenu_CreateInfo()
This is one of the suggested way that you get a clean info to be used for the menu setting. The function call should has "Lib_" as the prefix.

Lib_UIDropDownMenu_AddButton(info)
Once your menu setting is done, you use this function to add the button.

LIB_UIDROPDOWNMENU_MENU_VALUE
If you need to use the constant, you need "LIB_" as the prefix.

You can refer to this old thread on WowAce: https://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=15763
And also refer to the usage explanation here.

If you would like to see some more examples or codes, maybe one of my addon could help: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...cking-enhanced

I seldom enable MoveEverything while in WoW, but I can guess there could be some conflit with NoTaint_UIDropDown, since both use the same function prefix.

The one I maintained is trying to sync with Blizzard's version, so where there is any new function added (such as UIDropDownMenu_AddSeparator() ), I will do the same.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by arith : 05-11-17 at 02:09 AM.