View Single Post
05-12-17, 01:43 AM   #17
arith
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guys, could you try the latest revision on SVN Repository here?
svn://svn.wowinterface.com/NoTaint_UIDropDownMenu_Update-1134/trunk

I think by adding UIDropDownMenu.xml back might be a good idea.
With revision 16, you will need to load UIDropDownMenu.xml instead of loading UIDropDownMenuTemplates.xml and UIDropDownMenu.lua.
I also remove the customized codes, tried tested in my addons Accountant Classic, Atlas, and also tested in WardrobeSort, everything looks fine.

Though this didn't resolve the menu item from Accountant Classic or Atlas showing in WardrobeSort's dropdown.
I look into the UIDropDownMenu.lua and UIDropDownMenuTemplates.xml deeper, the default codes assume the max button to be 8 and will do some initialization. The default codes also can handle the situation when menu item is greater than 8.
It looks a little bit confused as the constant LIB_UIDROPDOWNMENU_MAXBUTTONS was set to 8, but it also will grow when you have more than 8 menu items to be showed.

I think maybe it's a design issue in my addons that I should not do the menu initialization in OnLoad event, instead, should do it in OnShow? I can't say it for sure as I can see Blizzard's EncounterJournal also do the menu initialization in OnLoad event.
Anyway, I will change my codes in my addons to manage the menu initialization in OnShow as it looks to resolve the conflict issue with WardrobeSort.

BTW, Titan is also using NoTaint_UIDropDown, I will inform the author to update the library.