View Single Post
11-26-09, 08:03 AM   #31
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sandoggg.

Forgive me for bringing my reply over here but I almost never check that forum it's in. If I put my replies here I can keep track of it easier

what i did to fix it was... used search from the start menu and searched for folders called interface. it was just a hunch but it ended up working.

i found a few things.

first, i found a folder in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Interface
along with that, there were 3 other interface folders with dates logged after them.

I opened it up and found an addons folder with nothing but blizzard addons in it.

secondly, i found a folder in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Interface

inside that interface folder was my cinematics folder. minutes before that i had clicked cinematics from the main menu to see if they would work. they didn't and i guess this is why.

i added all of my addons into the interface folder in system32 and booted up the game. viola. there they were. i looked at the other 3 interface folders and they also had only blizzard addons, but it worked with the regular folder.

so.. why is my addons folder in system 32, and why do i have another interface folder in my data folder, with the cinematics folder in that..
If your addons are operating out of C:\WINDOWS\system32\ then I'm afraid something's been royally screwed up with your registry somewhere.

I'm thinking that could be a default location for paths in the registry that are missing (ie part of the folder path doesn't exist any longer)

I'm guessing that if you take one of the addons out of C:\WINDOWS\system32\Interface\Addons and then start the game that particular addon is missing from the Addons screen at the login screen ?

Yeah looks like your Blizzard key's are messed up in the registry.

Honestly it sounds like you've gotten some Virus/ Naughty Little Brother on your computer that's gone and messed up your Registry.

You might want to try a Registry repair. After of course making sure there is only one World of Warcraft installed on your computer.

Normally on a computer with UAC right clicking the wow.exe (*) and running as adminstrator should write out the right keys into the registry.

(*) This is the wow.exe you might have a shortcut too that will launch the wow client when you open it
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 11-26-09 at 08:10 AM.