View Single Post
01-12-15, 02:08 PM   #1
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Development Proposal

First of all, thank you Rythal, for allowing us other developers to be a part of this. I really appreciate your effords. Usually, one expects such an favourable introduction to be an excuse for what is next, but please keep in mind that this is only a suggestion, not a demand.

Many of us other developers would really like to do even more than having a look at bugs or do tiny parts of the required updates. So what I want to ask you is
  1. let us coordinate our effords. We have a rather coarse Todo List thanks to samyonair. You can tell us which parts you are currently working at and which parts you'd rather we do - the other developers will probably gladly pick tasks from that list and we will avoid doing work twice.
  2. please push your work in progress more often to github, using an "unfinished" branch/tag. This way, we can spot fixes out of your code and tell people if their problems are addressed in the soon future.
  3. a more transparent release process would probably help, too. Github has milestones for that (a milestone usually consists of features and fixes).

That's all. I hope you find my suggestions at least partially acceptable. Thank you for your consideration.

By the way, I'm working on a new homepage for carbonite. I haven't made the screenshots yet, but you can see how it'll look like here: http://atk.github.io/Carbonite/

Constructive criticism and other feedback is welcome.