Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-13-12, 06:49 PM   #91
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jc2470 View Post
I am a huge fan of carbonite, dont know what i would do without it. But honestly if this is how people are thanking the creators they probably should pull it off the site and let no one have it. Some say that someone will fix it and it will be back up, well u probably are right to an extent, but it wont be on a addon site, and it wont be with the authors consent, so as soon as the creator of carbonite would find out he would simply have it removed. Some where along the line people forgot it is a right given to them by the people who made the addon that they use it, not that it is ours to do with what we want.

The fans own nothing, no rights at all other than to use it, nor are they owed anything at all, it is a given right that has been taken for granted.

I am on quite a few forums, xda developers forums for one. I dont think I have ever seen anyone do what was done here against a developer. They create new Roms, Utilities for rooting your phone among many other things, they usually accept Donations, but no wheres does it say they have to update there roms or fix there roms because people donated. No one expects them to do it either, use it at your own risk if u want to, dont use it if u dont. I think the developer here said the same thing if im not mistaken.
Then you don't understand the situation.

People donated because they liked the add on. Those people that donated are, in fact, entitled. That leaves the authors with an obligation. That obligation is misconstrued by the misinformed as "entitlement". That obligation is to communicate with the donators, either by saying "we're not working on this anymore" or by providing an update or by removing the product from availability. Failure to meet that obligation has consequences. Those consequences are almost always negative in nature.

I know very few people that actually post here will understand this, and that's truly sad.