Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-12-12, 04:02 PM   #407
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
It's his addon. He and his team developed it. He managed it quite well for a long time without fail. He owns the rights to it.

Where do you come off saying in effect that "I use that addon and I demand that he works on it, whether he wants to, or not!"? Believe me, I understand your point, but the attitude of many people on this forum is far worse than what you're accusing him of.

My post had NOTHING TO SAY OR TO DO WITH RYTHAL! I did NOT demean Rythal in any way. I, probably more than you, appreciate what he did! Don't try to side-track my topic by bringing someone else into it. I said what I wanted to say. You are free to start your own topic to vent, if you want to. But, it seems to me that enough has been vented already. Just don't start with me!!!
According to the website, he forfeited "rights" to it last year.

And no one here is demanding he works on it whether he wants to or not. We have issue with how he treated Rythal. If you were loading groceries into your car and some stranger willingly assisted you and then politely put the buggy/shopping cart into the holding area, would you chew him out because "THOSE IS MY GROCERIES!"? That's what the authors did to Rythal. A free fan update, with Rythal saying "please don't send me money, send it to the proper authors", to which the proper authors then told him he's a d*ck. Authors, I might add, that A) don't even play WoW anymore and B) don't even keep up with the news about patches. I'm always amazed that someone can find a way to defend such abhorrent behavior.

You can't play "hands off" when you're talking about the way the authors treated Rythal. Just not the way things work.