Thread: Our UI Manager
View Single Post
04-20-09, 04:47 PM   #159
Archangel_Mike
Prince of Provocation

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Wink

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
You're welcome. We do understand completely where you are coming from. We're frustrated too. The whole situation sucks. Honestly, it's been a bad month (not just week) for the entire community, authors and users alike. First the UI Policy, now this. We all wish that things were different. Unfortunately, they are what they are. We (WoWI) are doing what we can to help on stuff as quickly as we can, but there's only so much we can do in X period of time.

And I know our users don't really want to hear this, which is understandable, but I hope they are willing to understand it from our side of things: Our updater is important, we know that, and we're trying to get it out as quickly as we can. But, Shirik's "real life" is more important to us. He is doing all of this voluntarily. Making sure that he does okay in his classes, that he can take work that will pay him so he can afford to live, etc, is to us by far more important than our updater. The updater will be nice to have, no question. But it isn't "necessary". Our users can still get all of their mods from the site without it. Not as easily or conveniently, agreed. But they can still get them. And, if you've got it set up right (taking advantage of our "favourites" list and email notifications of updates sent to you), it isn't that bad doing it manually.

So yeah, we completely understand where you are coming from. We wish it could be different. We're doing what we can as quickly as we can, without putting unfair pressure on our volunteers.
Thank you very much for such an in depth conclusion.

I continue to visit WoWI for Carbonite and will do so until either your manager is complete or Curse adds a "donation button" to their manager. The reason for my upset is due to the little income you receive through your ads and how much you are losing because of the issues I bring to the table. (loss of user frequency)

I will patiently await your updater and agree that real life is paramount. Just understand that my complaint is more of a concern that you are losing revenue during the absence of users like myself. When yours is complete, I will no doubt weigh it against the features and usability of Curse and have strong favoritism to WoWI if it is comparable. I believe it will be.

I have clicked and used the Domino's pizza coupon on your site just a few moments ago and, if it makes you feel any better, my impatience is now directed at an economy car with a bright blue and red logo on top *chuckles*.