View Single Post
05-09-09, 04:38 PM   #8
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was hacked about a month ago. Stupid keylogger as far as I know.

I recieved an e-mail on my phone letting me know my password to my account was changed. I was at work.

I took my lunch hour and ran home to see if I could log in and well I couldn't

I tried to retrieve my password using their password retriever and it said I could not do this as it has been done too many times and that I needed to contact Blizz.

Well it was a Saturday and their phone support is closed on weekends (why is beyond me as they make more than enough money to hire weekend staff .. should be open 24/7 IMO) I e-mailed them to know about my account being hacked.

Next day I received an e-mail saying my account was now closed due to Unauthorized advertising in the game. Well at least they hacker was locked out now too . I replied to that email telling them the same thing I told nin my first email.

Later that night I received a new email saying my account was reopened and had a new password (which was also in the email). I tried to log in and was back in the game. Thankfully nothing was missing at all .. I'm very lucky. They also said to contact them if stuff was missing from the account .. including characters.

I HIGHLY suggest spending $6.50 and getting one of these (This is the US ONLY version) It adds a second layer of security to your account making it pretty much impossible for your account to be hacked again. Well worth it for the peace of mind.

Just hang in there .. yo will be back in WoW soon.