View Single Post
11-29-16, 07:42 PM   #4
nukme
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
You could do the same thing I just did to help point you in the right direction. Go into Blizzard's source code and look at the Scenario Objective Tracker file.

https://github.com/tomrus88/Blizzard...iveTracker.lua

Code:
local scenarioName, currentStage, numStages, flags, _, _, completed, xp, money = C_Scenario.GetInfo()
local stageName, stageDescription, numCriteria, _, _, _, numSpells, spellInfo, weightedProgress = C_Scenario.GetStepInfo()

SCENARIO_COMPLETED
SCENARIO_CRITERIA_UPDATE
SCENARIO_UPDATE
I wasn't able to find documentation on those events to be able to give you any parameters.

As for "teammates head-icons", I have no clue what you're talking about so I can't help there.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
If you know when the event occurs, just type "/etrace" soon before it happens to bring up the Blizzard event monitor tool. I'd suggest removing some of the super-spammy events like COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, UNIT_AURA, etc (mouse over it and click the "X") but otherwise it's a decent tool for identifying event names and exploring their arguments. Once you have the exact event name you can easily look through Blizzard's code to see how they handle it.
Thanks for helping out!

I know the event fired when a mythic+ ends, which is CHALLENGE_MODE_COMPLETED. This event fires as the last boss dies, yet not synchronized as the top completion frame shows. For a long time I have no clue about the completion frame, hence the ask.

However I did find something interesting from random keyword googling yesterday.
The old global function GetChallengeModeCompletionInfo has been removed, but there's a replica for it, C_ChallengeMode.GetCompletionInfo. And this function is used in Blizzard code Interface/Addons/Blizzard_ChallengesUI, in which the behaviour of completion frame is defined as ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin. And it feeds data into Interface/FrameXML/TopBannerManager to queue up for show. If I get the ideas right.

Now what I want to do is to take a screenshot at the completion banner of a mythic+. The problem is that the completion frame shows a little later than the boss-kill banner, due to the queue, meaning it's just later than the event CHALLENGE_MODE_COMPLETED. I have tried to hook functions as
Code:
hooksecurefunc(ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin,"PlayBanner",Screenshot)
but seems to be null. I get no error, and no screenshot. How can I proceed?

Last edited by nukme : 11-29-16 at 07:47 PM.