View Single Post
05-26-18, 08:04 AM   #2
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry, never bothered with kgpanels. I looked at it when it first came out but overall it felt like doing what I wanted in Lua was less of a headache than getting 80% there with kgpanels.

If the addon has a native show/hide toggle, some will have internal Show/Hide calls, so it's best to use those rather than just try to do the :Show()/:Hide() on the addon frame itself, so it's worth peeking at the addon code itself to be certain.

Framestack is pretty intuitive, not sure what you're having a problem with; I don't think I've ever seen a tutorial for framestack. For addons, most authors will name their frames, so it's pretty easy to find out what the name is; however, some don't, and then you have those numeric bastards that are a pain to interact with. I surmise this is what might be causing the confusion. If that's the case, you might want to edit the addon and supply a name for the frame that you can use (if there are no .xml files for the addon, search for 'CreateFrame("').

Alternatively, give an example of what frame you're trying to find and what you're seeing in framestack.