View Single Post
02-22-15, 04:32 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Just a suggestion and a few comments.

Questions:
1. What happens to Profiles if users choose not to use the Warehouse addon?
2. What does Warehouse have to do with Profiles?
3. I may be wrong, but don't Profiles have more to do with setting up individual characters with things like customized optional choices for that character such as position/sizes of Carbonite map(s), and many other options which are available within the current Carbonite "Options" dialog screens?

Suggestion:
EDITED - I REPLACED THE OLD IMAGE WITH A NEW ONE SHOWING A 'PROFILES PAGE'
1. Create a new Carbonite addon named "Carbonite - Profiles.' It would be optional, since not everyone may want different Profiles for each of their characters. And, since many users may not want to install the Warehouse addon (just to get the Profiles configuration page), that would solve that problem.
2. Put the Configuration dialog for Profiles on its own "Profile page" -- Not mixed in with Warehouse information.

My comments:
1. I attached a SAMPLE IMAGE which I created that might help make explanation easier to understand graphically.
2. I copied the Profiles section from my Zygor Guides' Profile section and pasted it into my sample.
NOTE: It was for display purposes only. And, the last time I tried using Zygor's Profiles section, it crashed completely and it re-wrote (lost!) all the Profile configuration options it had -- for ALL my alternate characters! So, I don't attempt to use theirs at all. Maybe Rythal or someone else can write code that makes it work for Carbonite?

More than likely, there are reasons why Rythal may not want a new module like this. It may contradict the current status of BETA and throw Carbonite back into an ALPHA stage? I have no idea. I'm only offering my 2-cents worth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_Profiles_Suggestion.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	8527  

Last edited by Kreelor : 02-23-15 at 02:18 PM. Reason: updated the image showing Profiles config dialog on its own page