View Single Post
10-13-10, 11:55 AM   #14
plonky
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
I know there are others, i've tried others. Honestly though, none have really been as good as Carbonite. The built in quest tracker doesn't really work quite well at all. If it did their might not be so much work on alternatives.

I just hope that all the people who are complaining that it's crippled in 4.0.x are people who donate to the development of it. Otherwise there's no point in complaining. It takes time, and time cost money, tools cost money, etc. So if people expect Carbonite to remain the supper tool it has been so that we don't have to load individual add-ons for each function of Carbonite; we aught to pay up. I don't like having 20 different add-ons I like have the 5 or so I have, one of which is Carbonite because of how useful it really is.

I don't think there is any conspiracy to disable add-ons. Sometimes you have to drop reverse-compatibility in favor of new, more efficient code, efficiency, and features. After a while old code is just old code, and bogs the system/software. There are allot of things I like about the new built-in interface, but it still has all the problems and deficiencies that give me cause to want Carbonite to work.

Overall i just don't like not knowing, I would like some word from the Carbonite team on what's happening, nobody seems to know, and the site isn't exactly forthcoming with current info. Not to mention their site could be better too.
Unfortunately there in lies the problem, Carbonite developers (any addon developers at all) are not allowed to ask for money to develop their addons. Blizzard rules are very specific now and they are greedy they do prostitute....errr I...uhh... mean prosecute anyone and everyone.
They really dont like people making money from their game. Fair enough but if they worked with the addon developers and incorporated them into the game it would make life and therefore the game more entertaining.
Blizzard may not be out to quell our fun but they are definitely not trying to make it too easy.