Thread: fps drop
View Single Post
02-06-12, 07:06 PM   #8
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just a theory here but, I'm wondering if the FPS loss that some of us are experiencing is due to Carbs settings, or more specificly the way we have Carb set up. I run more or less "out of the box" settings. Minimap not merged with the carb map, herb and mining nodes imported, and I don't use the Carbonite Social window.

I can't really think of anything else that could be causing the issue. It would seem by the other thread that at least some of us are experiencing around a 30% FPS drop with only carb enabled. But without actually listing everyone's setup of Carbonite then this could be an elusive bug (and listing everyone setup could be even more of a pita). I'll play around a little more and try a few different things with Carb tonight and tomorrow and see if I get any different results though.

Edit:

So I did a little playing around quickly. All I did was disable carbonite take a screenie, enable carbonite take a screenie, and enable carbonite but disable every option within it and take a screenie.

No carbonite enabled:
Click image for larger version

Name:	no carb.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	6780

Carbonite as I normally use it:

Name:	carb as used.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	6781

and with all options disabled:

Name:	carb all opts.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	6782

All I did was play with carbonite to reduce the number of things that could change. To be honest the FPS loss doesn't really bother me much normally since I run with Vertical Sync enabled. But I have to admit with the silence of the devs, and clear evidence that there COULD be a problem I am forced to think that carb may be on it's way out. Hopefully just to make room for a Carbonite 2 or some such though

Last edited by Othgar : 02-06-12 at 07:34 PM. Reason: update