View Single Post
08-30-12, 08:13 AM   #249
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just a couple of things:
Originally Posted by sgtevmckay View Post
Can someone direct a link to me, so that I may review the carbonite license agreement.
Seem to have a problem finding any licensing at this time

Found it:

CARBONITE
Copyright 2007-2012 Carbon Based Creations, LLC
CARBONITE(tm) is a registered trademark of Carbon Based Creations, LLC.
You didn't need to go "hunting" for the Carbonite license, or ask for a link to it. There is a copy in EVERY download of Carbonite. Its' in the main Carbonite folder in your AddOns folder. Quite a few authors include a copy of their addons' license in the download. That way (I figure) there's no doubt about which license the addon in question uses. If no license is included, it really makes no difference since (as I understand it) all works of this type are considered "intellectual property" of the author(s) and are automatically put under a "All Rights Reserved" license. If I am incorrect about this, I am quite sure that someone will happily correct me. As they should.

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Rythal, please... when you mention or offer versions (as you have above), can you help us by naming them meaningfully so that the filename indicates the version and/or date of the version? It really helps. Naming "conventions" are important, so that we can compare our current downloaded version to any newer downloaded version we might have stored on our systems. Just a request. Adding a link to it in your post would also be helpful.
It would also help if you changed the version number in the .toc before you upload a new file. I have three versions of it, but they ALL say they're "## Version: 5.0". Listing a different version number for the download is nice, but being able to check that in the .toc would be nice too, since then you can be absolutely certain you are getting the latest version and not one you already have. Not a complaint!! Just a suggestion!! As a secondary benefit, you could also be sure you have the correct (latest) version that you are zipping up to upload.

Many thanks for your work. It is greatly appreciated by many people including me.

Now, if I could just get my WoW to load with addons, I'd really be a happy camper.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!