View Single Post
07-02-05, 02:27 PM   #4
Osagasu_Jiyuu
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Littlejohn

The idea could be pushed quite far, but I'm pretty sure people would be uncomfortable with "spy bots" or "auction house bots". These would be bots with known names that you could whisper to get dynamic information. For example, "/w greenspan price of silk?" and if greenspan was sitting in the auction house, his bot could give you the price in real time.
Well if someone wants to waste $15 a month to sit a character in the AH permanently for that purpose... I'd have nothing against it. It's their money.

Here's an idea: each person is given a number at startup (Random seed, size depending on popularity of this concept mod). On query, generate between the same two random numbers, then all bots who have the correct seed reply. If nothing responds, generate another seed and try again, after ten tries or so with the seed, reply saying that nothing was found.

Now at the start this mod wouldn't need (or want) that, so add it in after the mod is popular. once the mod gets really popular, you'd have to narrow it down some more, say by generating a random number and everyone getting below a 10 (or above a 90 or whatever) replies to the query.

I know it's damn rough, but at least it's an idea, that, if implemented properly, could work.
Osagasu
Stream
Sondessa
Saphilna

That annoying troll from the WoW forums who honestly means well. T_T