View Single Post
09-19-12, 02:27 PM   #147
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
Even though I don't play WoW anymore (atleast for the forseeable future) I would still like to post some suggestions and ideas.

My biggest issue with Carbontie (and probably most others aswell) was that the code was absolutely terrible they encrypted (obfuscated) it making it very hard to write even the most basic plugins, please keep your code clean and include documentation so other authors can write their own plugins, patches (just incase something breaks and your unable to fix it at the time) and modifications.

The options in Carbonite where just down right confusing, mishmash and just plain ugly, please keep your options neat, tidy and understandable.

While Carbonite had a lot of useful features not everyone used/liked them please make what every features you intend to have as separate modules (ie Map/PvP/Items etc).

If you are able to do most of this I honestly believe your addon could end Carbonite or at the very least wake the authors up.
yeah I don't plan on any obfuscation, if I decide to stop playing WoW I don't want people to have to work ages just to do anything with it like I had to with carbonite... I still question how they are allowed to obfuscate it when that's against blizzards terms, and they've told me specifically they obfuscate it to keep it out of blizzards hands. It's the same reason we will probably never see a public release that anyone can mod. But everyone's turned a blind eye to it from blizzard down so *shrugs*