View Single Post
03-30-17, 11:07 AM   #2
Perforex
Originally Posted by aranasyn View Post
RealUI seems to be controlling the location of the chatbox. Whether I'm using Phanxchat or Chatter or BasicChat, if I move the chatbox location and reload or relog, the chatbox position is reset so that the bottom of it nearly touches the new infobar again. It doesn't matter whether I lock it or leave it unlocked. When I go to type in the editbox, the text is then transposed against the infobar, which is intensely annoying. I could move the editbox to the top, yes, but trying to solve it this way first.

If I use wow's default chat with no addon, RealUI is not able to control the location and it will stay where I put it, but this isn't an optimal solution.

I've hunted around for a setting or somewhere in the core that moves the default location, but nothing seems to alter this behavior and locked location. Does anyone know where the code that controls this is, or if there's a setting or a sub add-on I'm just missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I've had a weird bug where the chat is moved roughly 20 pixels down after you make any movement or resize and do a /reload, I solved it by always moving it 20 pixels higher than I wanted to when I needed to adjust it. In /realadv (advanced settings) there should be a chat option that I believes disables the ability for RealUI to control your chat position.